Dr. Joann Osbourne, MLT, BSc, ND
Joann is a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND), the Nova Scotia Association of Naturopathic Doctors (NSAND), Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy – Naturopathy (BDDT-N), and Nova Scotia College of Medical Laboratory Technology (NSCMLT).She graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto, Canada. Dr. Osbourne also holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland, and is a licensed Medical Laboratory Technologist. Dr. Osbourne’s passion is to bring evidence-based medicine, from both Western and Eastern medical practices, into a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals with the goal of providing optimal patient care.
She is highly motivated and driven to offer the best integrated therapies to her patients, using the safest and most effective methods; patient care and communication are the hallmark of her philosophy.
While she runs a family practice, areas of expertise are:
- Asthma and Allergies
- Metabolic health including Diabetes, metabolic syndrome and medically monitored weight reduction
- Digestive pathologies: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), and Acid Reflux, amongst others,
- Cardiovascular conditions: cholesterol & blood pressure management, atherosclerosis, etc.
- Autoimmune disorders: multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Hormonal conditions : thyroid pathologies, menopause, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), etc.
As an exercise enthusiast and marathoner, Dr. Osbourne has noticed, first-hand, the beneficial magnitude of incorporating adequate nutrition, digestion, cleansing, and Intravenous (IV) therapy into an individual’s repair and recovery period.